We can end workplace sexual harassment.
You don't want to be the next Uber like that. Proactively create a workplace culture where your staff and your work can thrive, but harassing behavior can't.
This workshop will unite your whole staff with shared understanding of what's appropriate in your particular workplace. Every staff member will build skills to understand how their behavior might impact others as well as skills to advocate for themselves and others in sensitive situations.
The goal of Anti-Awkward Anti-Harassment is to end workplace sexual harassment. Other workplace anti-harassment trainings can so often feel awkward, unrealistic, a downright waste of time because their goal is to limit the employer's liability. With Anti-Awkward Anti-Harassment, limiting liability is a nice byproduct of working towards what justice requires us to prioritize: setting consent as the baseline standard for all human sexual activity.
Anti-Awkward Anti-Harassment helps organizations set clear and realistic boundaries so that:
(1) People don't have to pretend to be robots at work,
(2) It becomes just as easy to say no as yes to anything that needs consent, and
(3) Accountability happens early and often with smaller and maybe unintentional things that cause harm so that people who intend harm don't have room to abuse or to make excuses.
How does Anti-Awkward Anti-Harassment make this happen?
- We talk about understanding your relative access to power in a given situation -- and therefore how your behavior might be read by others.
- We talk about what things other than dating or sleeping with a coworker need to be consented to and why.
- We talk about how to read a soft no.
- We talk about disrupting creepiness -- done to you, that you're a bystander to, and that you might do by accident -- in real-life work situations with minimal-to-zero embarrassing role plays.
- Plenty of people who have the best intentions still do things that cause harm to others, so we talk about gracefully accepting feedback that you've caused harm and resetting your intent and skills to practice consent in the future.
- And yes, we talk about how the organization can practice meaningful accountability.
Invest in Your Team
In-person workshop: $6,000
- 4 hours
- We usually cap participation at about 25-30 people so that everyone has room to participate, but we’re flexible and we’ll make arrangements that meet your needs.
- Practice Makes Progress is based in Washington, DC, and we’ll travel to you!
- 90 minutes
- Some learning that we can make happen face-to-face just isn't replicable over webinar, but a lot of it is, and we're working on letting go of perfectionism here at Practice Makes Progress! (Get it?)
- Available anywhere with internet access. We’ll make technology arrangements based on the size and needs of your group.
Discounts are available for multiple-session packages, and we're happy to make discount arrangements for organizations with budgets under $1M.